UC IGIS to host DroneCamp 2019 in Monterey
(Source: IGIS website)
April 2, 2019 — Monterey, CA
DroneCamp 2019 will be held June 18-20, 2019 in Monterey
The Informatics and GIS Program (IGIS) of University of California’s Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources is pleased to host the second offering of DroneCamp. This three-day intensive workshop covers everything you need to know to use drones for mapping, research, and land management, including:
- Technology – the different types of drone and sensor hardware, costs and applications
- Drone science – principles of photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Safety and regulations – learn to fly safely and legally, including tips on getting your FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Mission planning – flight planning tools and principles for specific mission objectives
- Flight operations – hands-on practice with both manual and programmed flights
- Data processing – processing drone data into orthomosaics and 3D digital surface models; assessing quality control
- Data analysis – techniques for analyzing drone data in GIS and remote sensing software
- Visualization – create 3D models of your data
- Latest trends – hear about new and upcoming developments in drone technology, data processing, and regulations
Who Should Attend
DroneCamp is designed for participants with little to no experience in drone technology, and who are interested in using drones for a variety of real world mapping applications. This training has an emphasis on agriculture and natural resources, but the methods for flight operations, data processing, and analysis are applicable to a broad range of disciplines, including archeology, surveying, and facilities management.
Note the focus of DroneCamp is using drones for mapping, research and data collection. We do not cover building drones, robotics, or videography. Regulations will be discussed but this is not a Part 107 prep class.
Experience with drones or GIS is not required. You do not need to bring a drone. See also the DroneCamp FAQs.
DroneCamp 2018 Trailer
Continue reading here: http://igis.ucanr.edu/dronecamp/