Customer story: Cloud Brigade is the trusted caretaker of cloud environment for non-profit MAPS
By Allison Darin
March 25, 2021 — Santa Cruz, CA
Challenge: MAPS needed to keep its website content searchable and available during a complicated migration as well as maintain a secure cloud environment at a reasonable cost.
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a non-profit research and educational organization. MAPS develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana. With the belief that everyone has the right to heal, MAPS is developing cutting-edge treatments to transform the mental healthcare landscape globally. The organization is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
MAPS has a collection of websites that are used extensively for access to the clinical research papers hosted on the sites. Additional websites focus on individual objectives of the organization. Cloud Brigade has been managing the server infrastructure and the IT security within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud that hosts the MAPS’ websites and content.
- Business Bottlenecks – Reorganized and streamlined internal workflows to eliminate bottlenecks
- Irresolvable Complexity – Resolved a security issue no one else could figure out
- Improving Systems and Processes – Did a technology audit and recommended best practices
- Skills and Staffing Gaps – Fill gaps in IT skills and knowledge that MAPS doesn’t have in-house
- Excessive Operational Costs – Optimized cloud infrastructure to reduce costs
Why Cloud Brigade
MAPS has engaged Cloud Brigade as a sort of jack-of-all-trades IT support organization since 2015. The relationship began with Cloud Brigade offering strategic advice and technical assistance on all sorts of IT matters. The engagement evolved to include ongoing technical support for MAPS’ AWS cloud infrastructure, application support for migrating research reports from one content management system to another, security improvements, cloud cost optimizations, and more.
Continue reading here: https://www.cloudbrigade.com/maps-customer-case-study/