Lots of Looker at March 1 Tech Meetup
By Sara Isenberg
Publisher, Founder, Editor-in-Chief, Santa Cruz Tech Beat
February 17, 2017 — Santa Cruz, CA
(Photo above: Guy Kawasaki, left, will moderate a Fireside Chat and Q&A discussion with Looker Founder, Lloyd Tabb. Source: SCNTM)
Learn about Looker, their solutions, their customers, their culture, their explosive growth and plans to hire 50+ more employees in Santa Cruz (and 100+ more globally) in 2017. Guy Kawasaki will moderate a panel discussion.
- Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup
- Wed March 1, 2017
- Doors open at 5:30pm, presentation starts at 7pm
- Hotel Paradox
- RSVP here.
- $15 (pay at the door, cash or credit card). $5 for students (UCSC, Cabrillo, CSUMB, high schools, etc) with valid IDs.
Doors open at 5:30 for food, beverage, networking, and live music by Cruz Control + special guest vocal artist Kelly Payne.
Organizers Doug and Amanda kick off the event at 7pm with special announcements and a game. (TIp: Answers to the game/quiz questions frequently come from Santa Cruz Tech Beat so read up if you want to win!). Winner will get gift certificates from Current eBikes.
Here’s the lineup:
- Looker CEO, Frank Bien, will share his thoughts on Looker today as we enter the era of the data platform.
- Looker CMO, Jen Grant, will demo (via video) LookVR.
- Customer demos on how Looker is used:
- Community Technology Alliance – Learn how they use Looker to develop data-driven solutions to help end homelessness and poverty in Santa Cruz County and beyond.
- Strava – Find out how data has become the food of serious athletes.
- Asana – Alison Harmon will discuss how social advertising benefits from Looker insights.
- Fireside Chat & Q&A: Guy Kawasaki will moderate a discussion with Looker Founder, Lloyd Tabb.
As always, mingle with 400+ fellow entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts. Entry fee includes appetizers and LIVE MUSIC.