What they’re saying about Pearl
By Sara Isenberg
Founder, Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, Santa Cruz Tech Beat
June 23, 2016 — Scotts Valley, CA
Last week Santa Cruz Tech Beat’s hot story of the week was Stealthy startup with $50M in funding debuts first product, about Pearl Automation, a new startup in Scotts Valley. It was a treat to break the story locally, but here’s something that wasn’t available at the time our article went to press, Pearl garnered a whole lot of top tier visibility. Just in case you’re not sure if this new addition to the local scene is a heavy hitter, read this impressive selection of additional reviews.
Additional coverage about Pearl’s first product, Rear Vision:
- Forbes: These Three Apple Engineers Want To Put A Backup Camera With Computer Vision On Your Car
- Bloomberg: Ex-Apple Engineers Want to Join the Move Toward Autonomous Cars
- Ars Technica: Meet Pearl, a startup full of Apple alums who want to bring tech to your old car
- LA Times: Got an old car? Thanks to three Apple renegades, you can install your own rearview camera
- TechCrunch: Pearl Automation’s license plate cover puts a car backup camera on your phone
- The Verge: A huge team of Apple veterans is now making smart accessories for your car
- Wired: Apple Alums Dream Up a $500 Backup Camera for Your Clunker
- Fast Company: Three Ex-Apple Engineers Want To Make You A Safer Driver In Under 15 Minutes
And from Pearl’s investors:
- Accel — Sameer Gandhi: Bringing Car Technology Into the Future
- Shasta Ventures — Rob Coneybeer: Our Investment in Pearl
- Venrock — David Pakman: Should You Have To Buy A New Car to Get New Features?
Tagged Pearl Automation Inc.