SCW Presents Overview of Local Biotech on Aug 5
July 21, 2020 — Santa Cruz, CA
Fast paced biotech startups in Santa Cruz are building pandemic tools and tests
- 2020 Santa Cruz Biotech Startups
- Wed, August 5, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
- Register NOW
Santa Cruz Works will begin this event with an overview of the Santa Cruz biotech scene by Lou Pambianco of Startup Sandbox, followed by:
- UpRNA: David Deamer, an American biologist and Research Professor of Biomolecular Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz. David will give us an update on the provisional patent filed by UpRNA for an aerosol invention that may slow or inhibit coronavirus infection in the lungs.
- Pinpoint: Lisa Diamond will wow us with her 30-second Coronavirus detection device.
- SanguineDx: David Sierra will demonstrate how to detect COVID 19 with an instant-read pen-sized device in less than a minute.
- Astrea Forensics: Kelly Harkins Kincaid is a 2-time entrepreneur. Her new startup helps law enforcement and genetic genealogy investigators in their mission to solve cold cases.
- Ontera: Mark Rose will give an update on how Ontera is building a point-of-care device to detect COVID-19 using silicon nanopores.
- Cito Medical: Mark Coates’ biotech company specializes in Sample to Answer, PCR, Sample on Chip technology, and microfluidics.
If you are a biotech company interested in presenting, contact Santa Cruz Works at: https://www.santacruzworks.org/contact