SC New Tech Meetup to showcase CruzHacks 2019 Top Projects
January 29, 2019 — Santa Cruz, CA
February Meetup to showcase CruzHacks 2019 Top Projects: Period Helper, Webcast DB, Safe Sound, PitchHub, Vroom, Iris, EyeDog
- Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup
- Wednesday, February 6, 6pm-8:30pm
- Cruzio, 877 Cedar Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Purchase ticket now
In addition to announcing our Q1 2019 survey where you could win an Inboard e-scooter – Glide – we will showcase the top CruzHacks 2019 teams:
- Webcast DB / Colin Hurst: the 1st place ProductOps winner at Cruzhacks. The platform transforms UCSC’s webcasted lectures into a deep and connected knowledge graph for student learning.
- Period Helper / Leah George: the first place winners for Amazon’s Alexa Challenge. Period Helper is an Alexa Skill that helps users complete their daily surveys in cycle prediction apps like Flo and Clue. With Period Helper, more users can benefit from the increased accuracy of these app’s predictions and insights about their menstrual health.
- Safe Sound / Mia Alteri: Uniting victms of sexual assault, Safe Sound is a platform for sexual assault victims with a common perpetrator to anonymously discuss how to proceed.
- Vroom / Kaio Barbosa: this solutions seeks to address the population living out of their vehicles, and help them find a place to park their car for the night.
- EyeDog / Casey Hillers: 3rd place winner, a computer vision assistant that helps the visually impaired “see” the world around them by reading out the objects it sees.
- Iris / Stewart Dulaney: an AI powered virtual assistant that uses facial recognition to help Alzheimer’s patients combat memory loss.
And, a new startup will present:
- PitchHub / Andrew Devlin: a video based platform service for both buyers and sellers.
Join 300+ tech professionals for an evening of food, booze, networking, live music, and brain-tantalizing presentations. Save $5 by purchasing your ticket online now!