What happened to Inboard, Buoy (Resideo), YaDoggie?
By Sara Isenberg
Founder, Publisher, Editor-in-chief, Santa Cruz Tech Beat
December 12, 2019 — Santa Cruz, CA
(Photo: The author decorated a bathroom based on Buoy Blue. Credit: Sara Isenberg)
Sometimes you have to give up.
I’m not referring to them! I’m referring to me… hounding Sol, Keri, and Ryan to each tell their story about what happened.
If you’ve been a regular reader of SCTB, you know we’ve published dozens of articles about YaDoggie, Buoy/Resideo, and Inboard over the years. Have you noticed that they’ve been quiet lately? What’s up?
I’ve known about the changes at those three startups for many months (in some cases, longer), certainly long before the word was out. However, because those startups are headed by friends, I really wanted to let each of them — Keri, Sol, and Ryan — tell their own story, not to me, to you.
After trying to connect with Keri, Sol, and Ryan, I wasn’t able to get any direct comments. Here’s what I know.
- Here’s what SCTB has published about Inboard over the years.
- Here’s the latest news from their website. (Ryan, I hope your next venture keeps you in Santa Cruz!)
- Here’s what SCTB has published about Buoy and Resideo over the years.
- Here’s the latest not-new news: Resideo was acquired Buoy in March 2019. However, to the surprise of many, CEO Keri Waters left town last summer for Austin, Texas (corporate home of Resideo), and the Buoy news dried up. I’ve heard there are still a few people working on the west side of Santa Cruz. Perhaps Keri has to adhere now to a new corporate PR system. (We miss you, Keri!)
- Here’s what SCTB has published about YaDoggie over the years.
- Here’s the lastest news. (Sol has startups in his blood so here’s to hoping you have another story to share soon, Sol!)
Sol, Ryan, Keri, I always welcome hearing from you. We (the local tech ecosystem) delight in all your startups, and look forward to the next ventures.”
Tagged Buoy, Inboard Technology, Resideo, YaDoggie