TechRaising meetup: VC Economics on August 28
Increase your odds of getting funded w/ Chris Risley
- TechRaising Meetup with guest speaker Chris Risley, Entrepreneur, VC, Angel Investor and Santa Cruz resident
- Thursday, August 28, 6:30pm
- NextSpace Santa Cruz, 101 Cooper St., Santa Cruz, CA
- RSVP here
The way Venture Capital firms get rewarded has a big impact on the deals in which they invest. Chris Risley has a raised over $200 Million in Venture Capital for his eight venture backed companies. He has been on the VC side of the table listening to pitches and to the comments the VC’s make after the entrepreneur leaves the room.
If you are just thinking about a startup or ready to go get the cash, this event is for you.
Chris will share his insider knowledge with us and shed light how VC firms get paid, which VC firms make money, how they screen their deals. Then, he’ll help you think about whether your business is a good fit for Venture Capital and what you can do if you want it to be a better fit. Finally he’ll talk about how to pitch VC’s and what to learn from their feedback.
Chris led Eight Venture Capital backed startups resulting in:
- One IPO and four sales to public companies — IBM, Tibco, Symantec, F5 Networks
- One sale to a large private company
- One dot.com crashed and burned
- Two companies growing strong with hand-picked successors.
He also spent 10 years as an Operating Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners and has extensive experience raising Tier One Venture Capital, Selling to the world’s leading Carrier-ISP’s, Cloud-based security, Technology for Law Firms, Enterprise IT, Internet Infrastructure, Wall Street trading technology, Selling to 3 letter agencies.
Particular Talent: Working with whacko Founder-CTO’s.
Currently he is angel investing and looking for technical founders.