“Blue Tech” is theme for September Santa Cruz New Tech MeetUp
August 16, 2017 — Santa Cruz, CA
Blue Tech is the theme for the September 7 Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup. West Marine’s BlueFuture, Dr. Wallace J. Nichols, Blueye Robotics, Buoy Labs, and more.
- Thursday, Sept 7, 2017
- Hotel Paradox, Santa Cruz
- RSVP and purchase tickets.
• 6:00 Doors Open – networking, food, beverage, live music by Cruz Control, and sponsor Networking Tables.
• 7:00 Welcome, Announcements
• 7:10 West Marine’s BlueFuture / Deb Radcliff – learn about West Marine’s grants for non-profit organizations dedicated to youth waterlife recreation and education.
• 7:15 Institute of Marine Sciences at UCSC / Gary Griggs – Gary will be providing a short introduction to Monterey Bay and how the combination of a unique, nearly pristine and mostly protected oceanographic environment has attracted a large and diverse group of academic, educational and research institutions that have made the region a global center for marine research and education.
• 7:25 Fireside Chat with Dr. Wallace J. Nichols — Dr. Wallace J. Nichols has combined marine biology with neuroscience to explain why living near water makes us happier and healthier. Dr. J. Nichols is author of NY Times Best Seller BLUE MIND. Toby Corey / President Tesla SolarCity (retired) will moderate. There will also be an audience Q&A. Every attendee will receive a blue marble!
• 7:45 Company Presentations
- Blueye Robotics / Christine Spiten – traveling all the way from Norway, Christine and team will share Pioneer: the next generation ocean drone.
- Buoy Labs / Keri Waters — rising star and Santa Cruz startup will help us understand the importance of water conservation.
- Integral Consulting / Craig Jones — learn about state-of-the-art ocean measurement technologies.
- More to be announced soon.
Plus all the usual… Learn about hot new technologies and mingle with 400+ fellow entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts. If you are interested in presenting, making an announcement, or becoming a sponsor, see the related links on the left side of this page. This event is always packed, so be sure to RSVP early. Doors open at 6:00pm, presentations start at 7:00pm. Entry fee is $15 (pay online now), $5 for students with valid ID (RSVP, pay at the door). Admission includes food, beverage, and LIVE MUSIC. Purchase your tickets now.
Tagged Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup