SCORE Panel: Utilizing Technology in a Business Start-up, May 20
By Angus Jappy
Santa Cruz County SCORE
May 14, 2015 — Santa Cruz, CA
Four local entrepreneurs discuss how they monetized technology in their business start-ups
- Panel: Utilizing Technology in a Business Start-up
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Free but Registration required
- Panel, Moderated by Angus Jappy, Santa Cruz County SCORE
- Claire Schneeberger – Founder of Monarch Media
- Doug Engfer – Co-founder of Invivodata and founder of The Windward Group (now part of Microsoft)
- Kristina Kuprina – Founder and CEO of Sequoia Wealth Advisors
- Francisco Rojas – Founder of Bees2Biz
Santa Cruz County SCORE is a leading small business development resource committed to fostering a vibrant small business community in Santa Cruz County through mentoring and education. Over 25 years, SCORE has helped thousands of entrepreneurs navigate the shoals of starting a business.
Business veterans — warriors, really — with experience in starting and running a small business share their expertise and war stories with budding entrepreneurs, and help them avoid the shrapnel and scarring suffered by these veterans, and for free!
SCORE’s Entrepreneur Panel Discussion on May 20, 2015, is all about monetizing technology in various business fields. Hear four expert panelists explain the part technology played in their business start-up, the impact evolving technology had on their business model and the extent to which technology enabled them to overcome the challenges and pursue the opportunities typically encountered when starting and running a small business.
- Claire Schneeberger – founder of Monarch Media, Inc., named in Inc. magazine’s annual list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for the three consecutive year. Monarch combines technology, instructional design, user interface expertise, and eLearning best practices to develop courses, deploy learning and content management systems, and create educational software solutions across the public and private sectors.
- Doug Engfer – co-founder of invivodata (now part of ERT), which pioneered and popularized the direct collection of valid, reliable patient self-report data. Prior to that, Doug founded The Windward Group (now part of Microsoft), a Silicon Valley software development services firm. Notable Windward successes include the Palm® connected organizer, FedEx® Ship™ desktop shipping software and Apple’s QuickTime® multimedia software.
- Kristina Kuprina – founder and CEO of Sequoia Wealth Advisors, a business providing financial planning and investment management to clients for more than 20 volatile years. Kristina develops financial strategies for her clients based on their values and concerns. Kristina is a Registered Principal with LPL Financial.
- Francisco ‘Pacho’ Rojas – founder of Bees2Biz, a company helping enterprises throughout the US and South America optimize business processes through web-based solutions. Bees2Biz provides client support through infrastructure development, strategic planning support and systems integration. Pacho is also a Cisco Business Learning Partner with Cisco Entrepreneur Institute.
Come listen and share your views!
For more information or to register, go to: https://santacruzcounty.score.org/localworkshops or call (831) 621-3735.