Ten MORE ways you know you work in tech in Santa Cruz
by Sara Isenberg
Editor-in-Chief, Santa Cruz Tech Beat
February 4, 2015 — Santa Cruz, CA
Last year, we published the very popular “Ten Ways You Know You Work in Tech in Santa Cruz” (March 14, 2014). Oh, that list remain so very true, but it’s time for 2.0, so here goes.
- You know who Bud, Lloyd, Bonnie, J, and Jondi are, even if you haven’t met them.
- You know what these TLAs & FLAs mean: NS, SCNTM, SSV, CCA, EDO, MBEP, and of course, SCTB.
- SCNTM is still your favorite meetup.
- You wonder what happened to Unify after all that buzz that they were coming to town.
- You think Cosmic is the best place place downtown to attend a First Friday event.
- You wonder what EDO is going to do with the data they’re collecting about tech companies.
- You’re generally better dressed than your CEO.
- You love to complain about the Sentinel but when they give you ink about YOUR biz or event, heck yeah.
- You miss Iris. And Grace.
- Your office hours are based on tides.
Stay tuned: We’re working on Ten Ways You Know You’re an Old School Santa Cruz Geek.