Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup June 4 lineup
Presentations from Joby Aviation, Smith Micro, HelpMeWell, NTS Works, and more.
Note from SCNTM organizers: Admission to this event will be given to people who RSVP. Attendance is limited to 225. Doors open at 6:00pm. At 6:30pm we will begin opening “no show” spaces to people on the wait list. If you are on the Wait List, we will notify you by 6:15pm if there are openings. Sorry, no Walk-ins.
The agenda for June 4:
- 6-7pm NETWORKING: connect, food, beverage, and LIVE MUSIC from Cruz Control.
- 7-7:15 WELCOME: Doug Erickson, Lydia Snider, Santa Cruz Tech Beat.
- 7:15-8:15 COMPANY PRESENTATIONS.
- Joby Aviation / JoeBen Bevirt – JoeBen aka the Elon Musk of Santa Cruz will talk to us about his new electric personal aircraft, and big plans for the region.
- Smith Micro Productivity & Graphics / Steve Yatson – Santa Cruz division of Smith Micro will present Poser Pro, the leading 3D Character Animation solution for web and gaming. Copies of Poser Pro, Anime Studio Pro, Manga Studio Pro, and MotionArtist will be given away to 4 lucky people who respond to the Don’t Miss A Beat quiz. So be sure to study up on the month’s updates from Santa Cruz Tech Beat.
- HelpMeWell / Bruno Rocca – public debut of a new healthcare app that empowers patients to connect wearables to doctors.
- NTS Works / Neal Saiki – another public debut: Fat Free E-bike manufactured in Santa Cruz. Special offer to SCNT Members…? Test rides available during the 6-7pm networking hour.
- 8:15-8:30 HACK UCSC Winner Presentations. The top 3 teams will present their winning projects.
- 8:30-9:00 NETWORKING
Learn about hot new technologies and mingle with 200+ fellow entrepreneurs, investors, bloggers, and tech enthusiasts. Audience entry fee is $10. Food and beverage provided. RSVP now.
Sara Isenberg publishes Santa Cruz Tech Beat for the benefit of the extended business and technology community. When she is not volunteering her time for the tech scene, Sara makes her living by managing software projects, web strategy planning, and providing development team services (including account management, vendor management, strategic partner management, beta project management, referrals to qualified technical team members, and more). Please visit her website: Sara Isenberg Web Consulting & Project Management, or contact Sara by email if you have any project management, account management, or Development Team leadership or service needs.
Tagged Santa Cruz New Tech Meetup