Learn how SBIR/STTR programs can help fund small business innovation
September 19, 2017 — Seaside, CA
The Central CA SBDC Network is hosting an event in Seaside on September 27, 2017 to help local entrepreneurs learn more about funding opportunities via the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
Learn more about the SBIR/STTR programs here: https://www.sbir.gov/about.
- Workshop: Learn how SBIR/STTR programs can help fund small business innovation
- Learn the basics of SBIR and STTR programs
- Identify how to match local opportunities with the right agency and topic areas
- Understand resources available across California to support SBIR/STTR
- September 27, 2017, 9:30am – 3:00pm
- Oldemeyer Center, Seaside, CA
- Register here.
The five-and-a-half-hour event provides the following:
- Quick overivew of SBIR/STTR
- 2 indepth sessions with an expert
- Panel that includes a recipient and an agency expert
At the end of the workshop, each participant should:
- Know whether they qualify to apply for SBIR/STTR
- Have a short list of agencies to which to apply
- Know how to find topic areas within each agency
- Understand the deadlines for application
- Have a general idea of how to apply for an SBIR or STTR
- Know how to get help in developing an application
Roger S. Cohen, Principal of Cohen International, coaches entrepreneurs through the SBIR/STTR proposal development process. Learn his secrets in writing and reviewing successful draft proposals. http://www.rogercohen.com/sbir