Six Startups Pitch for Angels By The Sea Funding
By Andy Van Valer
Angels By The Sea
Special to Santa Cruz Tech Beat
January 28, 2016 — Santa Cruz, CA
(Photo above: Pitchers and Investors gather before the Angels By The Sea meeting held on January 21. Credit: Brandon Rossi)
At Angels By The Sea, our goal is to help entrepreneurs and prospective angel investors understand the details and nuances of angel investing, resulting in successful startup companies benefiting both entrepreneurs and investors.
We had our first meeting Thursday January 21, 2016 where six local startups presented their companies to potential investors.
The following businesses presented:
- HHITT is a mobile neuro-cognitive assessment tool aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of concussions (patent pending). They are partnering with tele-medicine to bring physician supervised concussion management to youth sports or any activity that does not support medical supervision.
- InBoard has designed and created a powered skateboard that looks and feels like a traditional non-powered skateboard. This is accomplished through the use of the patented Manta Drive, in-wheel direct drive, motor assembly.
- uSPORT enables athletes to celebrate their accomplishments. It’s the single place any amateur athlete needs to keep track of and share their sports career with coaches and fans.
- LifeAid is a manufacturer of premium, healthy, and convenient nutritional beverage products for every lifestyle. Each product is doctor developed, only 45 calories, sweetened with organic blue agave, and fortified with ingredients designed to AID a particular avocation.
- Calliope Waterworks makes a device that helps households monitor their water use through predictive analytics and leak detection capabilities. Calliope’s product tells you about your water use in real-time and notifies you when there is unusual usage or a leak.
- Reflex Robotics Raven allows GoPro users to intelligently lock on and capture footage without having to touch their camera. Featuring a lightweight and responsive 3-axis motorized stabilization system, Raven is perfect for use in extreme environments where traditional camera control is not available.
Our group’s Investor Members will gather on February 11, 2016, to determine which companies will receive funding. If you are interested in becoming an investor, please visit our website.
Entrepreneurs looking for funding can apply online to present to our group and investors can find a vetted business in which to invest.
Tagged Angels by the Sea